2011 is the fourth year Latinos in London Ltd is a part of the CASA Latin American Theatre Festival & this time we have a competition for all you eager graphic designers!
This year, CASA Latin American Theatre Festival will celebrate its fourth birthday with our biggest and most ambitious festival yet from October 16-23. We’ll be presenting 8 fantastic shows from across the continent in just one week of incredible theatre talent! We’re looking for an image for the festival and we’ve decided to create a competition to find it!
We are looking for an original image or series of complementary images to convey at least point number 1) and then two if not all three of the following ideas…
1) That the event is Latin American. (note that in previous years, every poster has included a map of the continent).
2) CASA 2011 is going to be an incredible celebration of culture.
3)That Theatre is the heart of what we do.
4) CASA is an exciting buzzing and friendly Festival for all ages and backgrounds.
This year we are particularly keen to communicate the idea that we are creating a space for Latin American and non-Latin American audiences of all ages and artists to meet, have an incredible time and exchange culture. As the image will be used in all publicity materials, it must be designed to work well with large and small amounts of text (festival information etc.) and potential logos (theatre logos, sponsor logos) etc. The image will be used on and must therefore be compatible to work on A0 posters, A3 posters, DL flyers, T-shirts, CASA’s website, the CASA 2011 Festival Brochure, print advertising (from A6- A4)
* A cash prize of £100 for the winner.
* 2 free tickets to any CASA 2011 show.
* A copy of all printed materials including a CASA 2011 t-shirt.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
1) The deadline for entering an image is the 11th July at 12pm. We will contact all applicants by the 18th July to let you know if you’ve made the short-list or if your image has been selected as the winner.
2) Please note: we may ask you to make slight alterations to your image before selecting you if we think you’re close but not quite there yet. Once the winning image has been selected, then no more changes will be made.
3)The artist/designer/photographer will be recognised as the creator of the work in all printed formats including and above A4 (though not including the t-shirt). As space is tight we cannot guarantee your name will appear in smaller print formats.
4) Once the prize is awarded, the image will belong to CASA Theatre Festival Ltd. to be used as and when desired by CASA. The artist is required to relinquish their exclusive copyright to the image.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
————— http://www.casafestival.org.uk/ ————-