Image By Johan Persson
Now significantly enhanced and reworked from the sell-out Premieres staging in 2010, Premieres Plus features new works and collaborations with major UK and international dance stars and musicians, celebrating Carlos’s astonishing dance vision.
Premieres Plus combines his outstanding classical technique with some of the most celebrated works of recent years. The night includes Russell Maliphant’s masterpiece Two, originally created for Sylvie Guillem (‘Mesmerising’ The Guardian).
‘Sophisticated, beautifully thought-out work’ The Observer
‘A journey worth following’ Daily Telegraph
The world’s favourite dancer returns for a strictly limited run of sensational, beautiful and unforgettable work, Premieres Plus.
NEW WORKS FOR PREMIERES PLUS
Will Tuckett’s On Before, originally created for the Ballet Boyz’s Billy Trevitt and Royal Ballet principal Zenaida Yanowsky, and now performed for the first time by Carlos and Zenaida to John Adams’s masterwork Christian Zeal & Activity
- Acosta making his solo debut in Memoria by Rambert Dance Company’s Miguel Altunaga with a score by Mexican electronica composer, Murcof
- Zenaida premieres Sirin a new work created for her by Yuri Yanowsky
A packed night of 9 major pieces including:
- Kim Brandstrup’s Footnote to Ashton from his Two Footnotes to Ashton, created for the Royal Ballet
- Simon Elliott’s Falling Deep Inside, a multimedia commission
- Edwaard Liang’s Sight Unseen and Hand Duets by George Cespedes and Carlos Acosta – a commission from George Cespedes, nominated for a 2011 Olivier Award. Score by Cuban composer Omar Puente
- Morten Lauridsen’s O Magnum Mysterium sees Zenaida and Carlos perform together with the Pegasus Choir
|Wed 27 Jul 2011||19:30||BOOK NOW|
|Thu 28 Jul 2011||19:30||BOOK NOW|
|Fri 29 Jul 2011||19:30||BOOK NOW|
|Sat 30 Jul 2011||19:30||BOOK NOW|
London Coliseum : 33 St Martin’s Ln, Westminster, London WC2N 4
4 performances remaining. Running time: tbc